Thursday, April 17, 2008

Camping this Summer.

Well, we put down a deposit on a seasonal site at Hejamada Campground. My oldest daughter is really excited and she helped me to clean the camper out this week. We took out all of the sheets and bedding to wash. We also made a list of supplies that we need. She even promised to help do the dishes more, so that we are not wasting money with paper products. Our family is trying to cut down and save money in a few different ways.
Actually, take this seasonal site is one of the ways that we hope to be able to do some fun things this summer but still save some money. Last year, we spent over $600 to camp for just a few weekends. So this year we are paying for the season and we can decide when to join in the activities or just get away. I actually believe this will help us and take the stress out of planning when to go, where to go, and all of the time driving and set up a site.
Another way we are talking about saving is getting a car instead of our truck. Gas prices are killing us. I have been walking to work and so even with the truck I have only been spending about $30 in gas a week. However, the truck payment is also costing us more than a car payment. This summer we will need to decide for sure what we are going to do.

3 comments:

Kari V. said...

April. YAH...I am so happy I am not the only one who is blogging now in the family. Ok recan't that, sue and mark are too. :) It is actually really fun and it great to get out frustrations, show pictures, etc.

Unknown said...

Nice! I like it. Anxious to hear about camping this summer. Are you still going somewhere else over Memorial Day weekend?

April Sunshine said...

Yes, we are going to go to a state park for Memorial Day and it is fun to socialize with everyone. This year we are going to Allegany State Park.

I was not too sure about blogging, but I thought it might be fun to share some things we are doing with family so far away.