Friday, April 25, 2008

John is taking the bus!

John decided to start taking the bus to work since we live about 50 miles from where he works. In the past, his commute was costing us between $60 and $80 in gas a week, and 6 dollars a day in parking. Now he is riding the bus for $2.50 a day. He does have about a half hour more in travel time, but it is actually working out really nicely. Now that he has done it for a few days, I think he is enjoying it or at least happy with the money we are saving. I am proud of him. I know that he was not totally comfortable with this decision. He is giving up convenience and time to save money. However, it does make a lot of sense. The bus stops only about 4 blocks from our home and only one block from his work.

I have also been walking to work which is really close and then I come home for lunch. We have really been making a lot of life changes to try and save money. The walking is doing us a lot of good too. We are now considering selling our truck for now.

1 comment:

Kari V. said...

Yea we are doing the same. James just got his motorcycle up and running today so that we can gut gas from 100 bucks a tank to 15 bucks in the same week. I know that our friends say that when they take the bus that they get alot of work done because they do all there emails, some work on the bus. :)
I just happen to be writing a new post when I saw you posted. I love the feed for outlook. :)