Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Fun and more

Brittany made it onto the Varsity Cheerleading Team, which she is really excited about. She has also been asked to help on an All-Star Cheerleading Team and they are taking a trip to Darein Lake at the end of the month. The only down side to all of this is that she will not be able to help coach the Jr. team. We had told them that she may have other commitments and I think it was hard for her to choose what to do. I guess it is hard to be wanted. (Ha Ha).

This weekend we went to camp for Labor Day and we invited family to come visit. Karen's kids love the swimming pool and Uncle Bob was the only brave adult to join them for their cold swim. Everyone had a good time and we talked about trying to get together more often but everyone is so busy. We at least made a few plans for Christmas.

Then lastly, I have had a busy week with work and family appointments, and in the mean time I started to not feel well. Finally when my family is stuck in a small camper with me they began to realize that I was not kidding. I kept them up all night with my coughing. I just was not feeling better no matter how much Tylenol Cold I took. So, after our picnic on Sunday we came home early. Then on Monday morning I called the Dr. office and they wanted to go to the emergency room. After about two hours, a breathing treatment, and an x-ray they told me I have pneumonia. So they took me out of work for 2 days. I can not believe that I have to miss the first day of school. But I am feeling better and breathing a lot easier.

2 comments:

beazgirl said...

Sounds a lot like my weekend although we didn't go anywhere. I ended up in the emergency room monday morning with a horrible earache and ear infection. Not nearly as bad but I have to take my tylenol cold every 4 hours or i am dying. Good to hear you're getting better. We miss you guys.

April Sunshine said...

Ear aches are the worst. Sorry to hear you are not feeling better. This time of year is crazy.