Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blogging my weight loss journey!

Okay, here I am this summer (6/2008) at camp. I am not happy with pictures and the way I look. I avoid it at all cost. However, I am beginning a new journey by attempting Lap Band Surgery to help me loose weight. I have the support of my Doctor and I have begun the process to have the surgery done.

I found out a few weeks ago that my insurance will cover a large portion of the cost of the surgery. At one point, I was not sure that I would qualify, but the lights are green and systems are a go. I now have an appointment with the nutritionist this Thursday and it looks like I should be able to schedule the surgery in about 2 to 3 months.

I know this is a life changing event and I will need to make a personal commitment. The surgery does not just take the weight off and some people still loose weight intially but then can gain it back. I will have to change my eating habits permanately and may have to cut out some foods althogether. I drink diet soda daily and I may have to cut that out due to the carbonation. I will find out soon.

Even with all of this, I am excited. I am looking at it as a chance for help in making some serious life style changes. It will not be easy but well worth it. I want to be able to hike with my girls and not be winded early. I would like to ride my bike for a few miles and go swimming without being embarrassed. I want to shop in normal retail stores. I will probably never be real thin but my goal is at least a size 14.

So, my journey begins and I would like to write about my experience and let you know how I am doing. Here we go!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. You go girl. I know you can do it. I have often thought I could never give up my diet pepsi but just yesterday, I got to work it was about 6 pm and I realized I had not had any pepsi all day and at this point hadn't missed it. We have a great ice machine at work and I just keep my water bottle filled. I'm with you all the way!!
Love you MUCH!