Monday, March 8, 2010

New Lifestyle

Ok, I admit that I am not very good at blogging. I often do not feel like I have much to say. However, now I am starting a new journey and lifestyle. On February 1, 2010 I had the Realize Band operation to help me loose weight. I am not proud of the weight I have put on over the years. I admit that I enjoy food and I am also an emotional eater. On February 1st I weighed in at 295. I really had a hard time deciding whether to put that on here but I guess that facing the facts may help in the long run.

The surgery went well. Actually went really fast and I was home the next day. The biggest problem I faced was getting rid of the gas from the surgery. I also had a old lady for a roommate and was awake most of the night I spent in the hospital. I could not wait to come home, so I could rest. Oh and my veins are always a problem with an IV or drawing blood. Sometimes finding my veins can be painful.

Since then I have gone from a liquid diet to soft foods and now adding regular but healthier food choices back into my diet. I can really feel myself get full and I like that feeling. Before I would often have kept eating right past what I really needed. I have lost 17 pounds so far, which is good for one month. I am now at 278. However, I do want to get a fill when I go in for my check up this week. I just do not want to eat and not loose. If the fill is not comfortable they can take it out.

I am eating 3 meals with a snack in the afternoon and evening. I am eating a lot of yogurt, sugar free pudding, fruit, soups, and flat bread sandwhiches. I also enjoy some oatmeal or 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast. Now that the weather is getting nice it is easier to take walks. Plus my dog loves to go for walks. I would also like to go to Zumba which is a dance/aerobic workout but I am trying to loose a little more and then I will be able to keep up better. It is an hour long class that they offer at the Community Center and Brittany's dance studio. It is very popular right now.

So, I am working hard to make some permanate changes. I am going to blog to keep everyone updated and document the journey.

1 comment:

beazgirl said...

so glad to hear you are doing well! I am curious how do they fill it? I can't believe how big your girls are. where does the time go. we miss you and I look forward to reading your posts. I need to get back on and update mine. 2 of my girls have pink eye....so we are stuck home. Maybe tomorrow.