Sunday, March 14, 2010

Doctor appointments

I had 3 Doctor appointments last Wednesday and at one of them I had a fill for my band. They did not really put much in but boy could I feel a difference. On Wednesday, I was only able to have some Chicken Noodle Soup and scrambled eggs.

Then Thursday, was a tough day. I ate some cottage cheese for breakfast and I was doing fine. It was a half day of school for my kids that day, so they had breakfast and then a snack around 10:15 am. I had not brought my lunch or snacks thinking I would be able to run home after the kids were done for the day. However, I started not feeling very good about time for their snack. They were having graham crackers. I had a graham cracker before but not since my fill. I ate 2 squares and they just sat there. I could feel them and it felt like bad heartburn. So, for lunch I just drank and thought that eventually they would dissolve and move on down. They did not move until late that night.

I had plans to go with Karen and the girls to Applebee's for Karen's Birthday. I did not want to cancel on her, so off we went. I ordered a cheese quesadilla and thought that I would be able to eat by then. I took about 3 bites and could not eat anymore. I felt bad and I think that Karen felt bad. I hope she had a nice birthday. I tried to tell her that it was okay that I could not eat. I need to loose weight and we were out for her. I think overall the night was a success but that was a tough day.

I have been eating better since then and nothing else has gotten stuck. I am eating a lot of yogurt and soft foods again. I have lost another 4 pounds in the last few days. I am at 274. So, I felt bad for Karen and it did not feel good to have some food stuck. The only thing I can think is that I did not chew the food enough. I am fortunate that I have not thrown up. I can tell when I am full and it can get painful if I try to eat too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.