Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I HATE INTERVIWING FOR A NEW JOB

I had an interview this afternoon for an English Teaching Position at Lyons High School. I think that it went well but I have felt that way before. I am not sure why I have not been able to land a job so far. I am considering subbing. I strongly feel it will add to my resume and give me the experience I needed to get a permanent position. So, in the fall I am going to try to make this happen.

Interviewing is an emotional roller coaster. I get so excited about interviewing and the possibility of a new job. Then I get nervous and worried. I want the job and I want to impress the interviewers. I know that I get nervous and do not always articulate or sell myself as best I would like to. Finally after it is all over, I am relieved it is over but the anticipation of whether I will be called back kills me.

Teaching has really become a competitive career for some states. Where I live things are tough. They interviewed 6 people for the one position. Those really are not good odds.

Well either way, I hope I am learning something and can do better at the next one. If I am ever in the position or on a committee to hire someone, I am going to be sure to be empathetic to their position and feelings.

1 comment:

Kari V. said...

WOW I hope you get the job. I hate it too. Big hugs. If you don't get this job you will get another. Do you have any prospects around the area? newark, sodus?